ph.d. 1991-1994, plant physiology, lanzhou university, china.
m.s. 1985-1988, plant physiology, lanzhou university, china.
b.s. 1981-1985, plant physiology, lanzhou university, china
2009-present cuiying scholar professor, school of life sciences, lanzhou university, china.
1996-2000 associate professor, school of life sciences, beijing normal university, china.
1988-1994 lecturer, department of biology, lanzhou university, china.
- academic appointments
2017-present editor-in-chief, journal of plant physiology (elsevier, 5-year if: 3.23)
2021-present associate editor, acta botanica boreali-occidentalia sinica
2021-present guest associate editor, frontiers in plant science
2020-present editor, plant stress
2015-present editor, chinese bulletin of botany
- administrative appointments
- honors & awards
1. qiu qs, qi z. calcium-binding proteins are never lack of stories in plants. j plant physiol. 2021 jan 22;258-259:153372. (*co-corresponding author)
2. lv s, wang l, zhang x, li x, fan l, xu y, zhao y, xie h, sawchuk mg, scarpella e, qiu qs. arabidopsis nhx5 and nhx6 regulate pin6-mediated auxin homeostasis and growth. j plant physiol. 2020 dec; 255:153305.
3. zhang x, li z, li x, xu y, xie h, qiu qs. cbl3 and cipk18 are required for the function of nhx5 and nhx6 in mediating li homeostasis in arabidopsis. j plant physiol. 2020 dec; 255:153295.
4. zhu x, pan t, zhang x, fan l, quintero fj, zhao h, su x, li x, villalta i, mendoza i, shen j, jiang l, pardo jm, qiu qs. k efflux antiporters 4, 5 and 6 mediate ph and k homeostasis in endomembrane compartments. plant physiol. 2018, 178:1657-1678
5. fan l, wang g, hu w, pantha p, tran kn, zhang h, an l, dassanayake m, qiu qs. transcriptomic view of survival during early seedling growth of the extremophyte haloxylon ammodendron. plant physiology and biochemistry, 2018, 132: 475-489
6. fan l, zhao l, hu w, li w, novak o, strnad m, simon s, friml j, shen j, jiang l, qiu qs. na ,k /h antiporters regulate the ph of endoplasmic reticulum and auxin‐mediated development. plant cell environ. 2018, 41: 850-864
7. pan t, liu y, su x, an l, qiu qs. domain-switch analysis of penhx3 from populus euphratica reveals the critical role of the transmembrane domain 11 in na and li transport. journal of plant physiology, 2017, 219: 1-11
8. qiu qs. atnhx5 and atnhx6: roles in protein transport. plant signal behav., 2016, 11(6): e1184810.
9. qiu qs. plant endosomal nhx antiporters: activity and function. plant signaling & behavior, 2016, 11(5):e1147643
10. wu x, ebine k, ueda t, qiu qs. atnhx5 and atnhx6 are required for the subcellular localization of the snare complex that mediates the trafficking of seed storage proteins in arabidopsis. plos one, 2016, 11(3): e0151658.
11. wang l, wu x, liu y, qiu qs. atnhx5 and atnhx6 control cellular k and ph homeostasis in arabidopsis: three conserved acidic residues are essential for k transport. plos one, 2015, 10(12): e0144716.
12. wang l, feng x, zhao h, wang l, an l, qiu qs. functional analysis of the na ,k /h antiporter penhx3 from the tree halophyte populus euphratica in yeast by model- guided mutagenesis. plos one, 2014, 9(8): e104147.
13. zheng s, pan t, fan l, qiu qs. a novel atkea gene family, homolog of bacterial k /h antiporters, plays potential roles in k homeostasis and osmotic adjustment in arabidopsis. plos one, 2013, 8(11): e81463.
14. zhang z, zhang q, wu j, zheng x, zheng s, sun x, qiu qs*, lu t. gene knockout study reveals that cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase 2(osapx2) plays a critical role in growth and reproduction in rice under drought, salt and cold stresses. plos one, 2013, 8(2): e57472. (*co-corresponding author)
15. qiu qs. v-atpase, scnhx1p and yeast vacuole fusion. jgg, 2012, 39: 167-171
16. qiu qs. plant and yeast nhx antiporters: roles in membrane trafficking. j integr plant biol, 2012, 54: 66–72
17. sasser t, qiu qs*, karunakaran s, padolina m, reyes a, flood b, smith s, gonzales c, fratti ra.the yeast lipin 1 orthologue pah1p regulates vacuole homeostasis and membrane fusion. j biol chem, 2012, 287: 2221–2236 (*co-first author)
18. qiu qs, fratti ra. the na /h exchanger nhx1p regulates the initiation of saccharomyces cerevisiae vacuole fusion. j cell sci, 2010, 123: 3266-3275
19. qiu qs, huber jl, booker fl, jain v, leakey a, fiscus el, yau pm, ort dr, huber sc. increased protein carbonylation in leaves of arabidopsis and soybean in response to elevated [co2] and [o3]. photosyn res, 2008, 97:155-66
20. qiu qs, hardin sc, brutnell tp, huber sc. light and metabolic signals control the selective degradation of sus in maize leaves during de-etiolation. plant physiol, 2007, 144: 468-478
21. fuglsang at, guo y, cuin ta, qiu qs, song c, kristiansen ka, bych k, schulz a, shabala s, schumaker ks, palmgren mg, zhu jk. protein kinase pks5 inhibits the plasma membrane h -atpase by preventing interaction with 14-3-3 protein. plant cell, 2007, 19:1617-34
22. batelli g, verslues pe, agius f, qiu qs, fujii h, pan s, schumaker ks, grillo s, zhu jk. sos2 promotes salt tolerance in part by interacting with the vacuolar h -atpase and upregulating its transport activity. mol cell biol 2007, 27:7781-90
23. qiu qs, guo y, quintero fj, pardo jm, schumaker ks, zhu jk. regulation of vacuolar na /h exchange in arabidopsis thaliana by the salt-overly-sensitive (sos) pathway. j biol chem, 2004, 279: 207.
24. guo y, qiu qs, quintero fj, pardo jm, ohta m, zhang c, schumaker ks, zhu jk. transgenic evaluation of activated mutant alleles of sos2 reveals a critical requirement for its kinase activity and c-terminal regulatory domain for salt tolerance in arabidopsis thaliana. plant cell, 2004, 16:435.
25. song cp, guo y, qiu qs, lambert g, galbraith dw, jagendorf a, zhu jk. a probable na (k )/h exchanger on the chloroplast envelope functions in ph homeostasis and chloroplast development in arabidopsis thaliana. proc natl acad sci u s a, 2004, 101, 10211.
26. qiu qs, vera-estrella r, barkla bj, zhu jk, schumaker ks. na /h exchange activity in the plasma membrane of arabidopsis thaliana. plant physiol, 2003,132 1041.
27. qiu qs, guo y, dietrich ma, schumaker ks, zhu jk. regulation of sos1, a plasma membrane na /h exchanger in arabidopsis thaliana, by sos2 and sos3. proc natl acad sci u s a, 2002, 99, 8436.
28. qiu qs, zhang n. water stress inhibited pnpp hydrolysis activity of the plasma membrane h -atpase from soybean hypocotyls. australian j. plant physiol., 2000,27: 717
29. qiu qs,wang zz, zhang n, cai qg, jiang rx. aquaporins at the leaf callus protoplasts from actinidia deliciosa var deliciosa cv. hayward. australian j. plant physiol., 2000,27:71
30. qiu qs. characterization of pnpp hydrolysis by plasma membrane h -atpases from soybean hypocotyls. j. plant physiol , 1999,154:628
31. qiu qs, su xf. the influence of extracellular side ca2 on the activity of the plasma membrane h -atpase from wheat roots. australian j. plant physiol. 1998, 25(8):923
32. qiu qs, cheng p, liang hg. characterization of the nad(p)h oxidation by purified plasma membrane vesicles using a spin-trapping epr method. j. plant physiol. 1995,146: 445
33. qiu qs, liang hg. lipid peroxidation caused by the redox system of plasma membranes from wheat roots. j. plant physiol. 1995, 145: 261
34. qiu qs, liang hg, zheng hj, cheng p. ca2 -calmodulin-stimulated superoxide generation by purified plasma membrane from wheat roots. plant science, 1994,101: 99
36. cheng xy, zheng hj, yang cd, qiu qs, wang q, pang hm. the changes of calmodulin level and its relations with the flowering and senescence in lemna perpusillal 6746. chinese sci. bullet. 1992, 37: 1653